Places to visit in the Medway towns
Below is a list of places to visit in the Medway towns. Where possible we have provided official links to each attraction to check on opening times, prices and location.
• Famously known as Satis House in Charles Dickens novel Great Expectations Restoration House
• Guildhall Museum, Rochester High Street. Built in 1687 and is one of the finest civic buildings in Kent.
• Temple Manor: A 13th-century house of the Knights Templar Knight Road, Strood Location Map
• Upnor Castle, Upnor village, Rochester. A Tudor castle, built in the 16th century website
• The Historic Dockyard, Chatham. One of Kent's premier visitor attractions website
• Dickens World, Leviathan Way Chatham. Victorian entertainment for the whole family website
• Fort Amherst Dock Road Chatham. Europe's Largest Surviving Napoleonic Fortress website
• Royal Engineers Museum and Library Tell's the story of the Corps of Royal Engineers and military engineering.
• Capstone Farm Country Park Capstone Road, Gillingham, Kent ME7 3JG 114 hectares of former farmland on the North Downs. map